Fine Art Shipping in Washington DC. Maryland and Virginia
Fine Art Shipping
1Stop Pack n’ Ship is one of the best fine Art shipping companies in Washington DC. Metropolitan Contact us to request a free quote using our contact form, or give us a call today!
Fine Art Shipping- An Art in Itself
Whether you are an artist who sends fine art across the globe regularly or you are an art-loving person who is moving to a different state or country with all your possession, fine art shipping always poses as a problem. Well, it should not be a problem. It is more valuable stuff than your other household items and thus, it requires that you know each and everything about shipping your precious sculptures, paintings, drawings, and artwork. After all, you love them dearly, right? Well, if you are shipping these fine arts, you should have a brief knowledge of everything even if you are hiring a fine art shipping company. If you ask any artist or any household who has ever shipped fine art, they will tell you several stories about the problems they faced because of their lack of knowledge. The damage to fine art, improper packing, custom rules, and numerous stories are available out there, which encourages you to know about fine art shipping as much as you can.
5 Things You Must Know About
Shipping off your valuable possessions to another state or country is not easy for you. Gather all the knowledge about things you need to ensure the safe and secure arrival of your fine art at your new place.
Thought About Custom Cases?
Packing artwork is artistry in itself. It’s not like you rolled them up in a paper and you are done. You need expertise, proper handling, and expert hands to fulfill the task. Ever gave a thought to custom cases? If you hire a fine art shipping company, they always come with these custom crates. These crates are designed specifically for your artwork based on their type, size, and shape. Packing your artwork in these crates ensures their safety during the transit as well. When you choose a fine art shipping company, talk it out with them. They pack all of your stuff with their expert hands according to the need of your piece of art.
Is Your Fine Art Covered By Insurance?
When you make a move, you take a mover’s insurance policy without any fail. For fine art though, you need additional security. No matter how safe you play, there is always a chance of the mishap. This is the life that is uncertain in itself. So do take third party insurance for your fine art. General mover’s insurance is 60 cents per pound i.e. you get 60$ for a 100$ loss. There are several insurance companies out there, Talk out your insurance options with them, and choose an insurance policy that suits you best. You can also discuss it with your fine art movers as they can also guide you in this matter.
Sea or Air ? Make a Choice
When you are moving to the neighboring suburb, or just across the city or state, you can simply load everything in a truck and done. But things are not the same with international shipping. When you are shipping the fine art across the globe, you need to choose the best way, i.e. whether to ship your stuff through sea freight or air freight. It depends on the urgency of the situation and the budget. While everyone knows that sea freight is the most cost-effective option, it is a bit slower when compared to air freight. Being an artist, if you ship fine art on a regular basis and the volume is large, sea freight is the best option. If it is an urgent shipment, the flight courier is a better choice. If you have no care for a budget and you have a small volume of artwork to ship, you can go for commercial air freight.
Choose Only the Best
Your fine art deserves the best fine art movers who understand their values and knows how to care for them and ship them safely. When you are looking for a fine art mover, consider the following points-
- Only an experienced fine art shipping company knows what it takes to ship the fine art in the safest possible manner. Right from the packing to their safe arrival, their experience plays a key role.
• Do Your Homework
- Before asking for quotes from the fine art movers in your area, do your homework and search about the best ones from the local museums, auction houses, and your friends and family if they have used one. It’s not a great task but it will be very helpful in making the right decision regarding the shipping company.
• Ask Questions and Understand the Terms
- It’s not like you ship fine art daily. It is okay if you don’t know certain things and it is completely okay to ask. A genuine and experienced fine art shipping company will answer all your questions and help you understand things clearly. Do discuss the terms and services that will be included in their quote.
- If you are shipping the fine art domestically, the shipping company does not need a license for that. But in case of international shipping, an export license is required. Do ensure that the shipping company you choose for your fine art holds one.
- You can also choose a company through the reviews on their website if they have one. You can obtain knowledge about their work from their previous clients and make your decision accordingly. Do not fall for the cheapest mover, as their services may also be cheap. Not that it is always the case, so discuss with the company about the quote and the services that will be included in their package. Storage Facility Fine arts are valuable. Even the thieves know that they are valuable and thus there is a greater chance that fine art may get stolen. Even if it is not stolen, the storage facility must be suitable for things like sculptures, paintings, drawings, artwork, etc. When you choose a fine art shipping company, make sure that they have a safe and secure storage facility that can protect your fine art. Cost Of shipping It is a myth that fine art shipping is costlier. Actually the cost of shipping is based on the distance, volume of the shipment, choice of transportation, etc. If you will ship a truckload of fine art through air freight, of course, it will be costlier. Ask for a quote from 4-5 movers and then decide on one after discussing everything. Final Words It has been established that in order to ensure proper packing, customs clearance, loading, moving, shipping, unloading, etc. the need for a fine art shipping company is essential. Choose the best global shipping company and ensure the safe arrival of your fine art pieces.
More About Our International Shipping & Moving Services
1Stop Pack N Ship, previously Metro Postal is Montgomery County’s premier packaging and shipping center, serving the Washington DC. Metropolitan Since 1984
Households and businesses are always moving to different cities. Sometimes they end up moving their stuff quite a few times. They can always avail the services of moving their stuff domestically. The stuff can either be transported through rail or trucks depending on the type of package being transported. The moving of items domestically is cheaper than other services.
There are many times when the packages have to be shipped internationally. Moving stuff out of your country is a very crucial process. The companies that provide international shipping are aware of the laws and regulations of different countries where you want to send your stuff. Usually, people send gifts abroad but there are at times when families are relocating. If this happens then there might be certain laws that you must be aware of before moving your stuff. Moving companies help you to solve this problem by providing you guidance throughout the course. They also help you to pack your things in such a way that you don't face restrictions while shipping.
You can also avail the option of sending you stuff through the water. Mostly businesses that are into export of goods use this technique. This option helps you to send a large number of goods and even to distant locations. Since you are exporting items, you must know the regulations of the country you are exporting to. Moving companies help you to learn about the rules and regulations so you can plan your cargo accordingly the next time. Moving your stuff through ships is cheaper than air. You might use air for smaller stuff but for large items such as cupboards or furniture, you can move through the water.
Let us handle your overseas move. We’ll pick-up, package everything, load the container, strap it on the vessel for safe transport, complete all export documentation, and clear it through customs if needed. Europe, the Middle East, Israel, India, Africa, South America, Asia, and Australia. 1 Stop Pack n Ship is proud to be your local packing and shipping company on a world-wide basis.
Get a Quote
Call or message us now to request a free quote.
We safely and securely deliver packages internationally.
We offer full tracking so can keep track of your packages.
We guarantee that your packages will arrive on time.