– Are you an art-lover who is having a hard time packing your artworks and sculptures for a move and you are running out on budget to hire an expert who can pack all of your valuables? This is for you. Click here to know about how to pack your bronze sculptures for a move.
If you are not hiring a full-service moving company, the responsibility of packing everything is on your own shoulders. While it is easy to pack every household item, it is very difficult to be an art lover. You are planning a move but you are finding it hard to pack all of your beloved paintings, drawings, framed artworks, and sculptures. If most of your sculptures are metal, say, bronze, then you may take an easy breath. The risk of breaking a marble sculpture is much higher than breaking a metal sculpture.
Have a look at the process of packing a bronze sculpture.
It requires a two-layer packing. So, let’s learn about inner packaging first.
• Take a box that is a tight fit for the sculpture.
• Place a wooden plank at the bottom of the box so that it does not bend on the corners and damage the statue.
• Now, wrap the sculpture in bubble wrap and secure it with heavy-duty tape. Then wrap it in a small blanket.
• Fill plastic bags with Styrofoam peanuts and spread a layer at the bottom covering all the corners.
• Place the sculpture inside and pack the box.
Now, outer packaging to ensure the safety of the sculpture.
• You need a box bigger than the box you just packed. You can use another cardboard box or a wooden crate. As wooden crates are expensive, it is completely up to you what do you want to choose.
• Place the packed box into the larger one.
• Fill the sides of the box with packing peanuts.
• Also, put in packets of calcium chloride to avoid any damage from water.
• Now, just pack the box and seal it with heavy-duty tape. If you are using a wooden crate, you are advised to use the stainless steel bolts instead of nails in order to avoid rusting and its stains in case the crate has to deal with water.
• Do not forget to paste the name of the item that is lying in there and how it is to be carried.
Moving requires addressing several issues all at the same time. Even if you are not working, it is just too much to handle a move all on your own. There is a reason why full-service moving companies are so popular. You can hire an artwork shipping company if you do not have the means to hire a global moving company that will do the packing, lifting, loading, unloading, and transporting. Ensure the safe arrival of your sculptures by hiring a professional or by following the above steps.
GET A FREE QUOTE