Moving from one place to another can seem like a daunting step. Packing all your items and moving it from one place to another is difficult because you don’t want to damage any item during the process. Similarly, packing and moving delicate items such as artworks, paintings can turn out to be even more problematic, as they have a higher chance of getting damaged on the way. More often than not, even though you are extra careful when packing and moving your works of art, the glass piece will break. However, keeping your artwork secure through your move isn’t so difficult. Here’s some ways you can safely pack and shift your artworks to another location.
The correct way of packing any artwork during your moves with a heap of padding and refrain from keeping peanut padding because it turns into the glue with moisture, so find something that won’t damage your items in any way. So what are the materials you will need?
– Tape for packing
– Cardboard boxes
– Bubble Wraps
– Boxes according to size
– Packing material paper (Avoid peanut padding)
– Avoid wax paper, glassine paper works best for artworks which are not covered by glass, and the mailing tube works better for canvases during moving.
Some things to avoid when packing your artwork are: stop using a newspaper because it can leave ink stains on the artwork, also padding peanuts, which can turn into the glue with a tad bit of wetness. So, you should always find alternatives for it.
The ways you can keep your artwork safe during moving by following these steps.
1. If your artwork has an outer glass cover, use painter or masking tape to put a large X across the glass frame. So even if the glass ends up breaking during the move, it won’t shatter everywhere and will keep your artwork from getting damaged.
2. Use a properly sized cardboard which covers the piece of glass. Remember to put the cardboard against the frame, not the glass. If the artwork has no glass cover, place the Glassine sheet between the painting and the cardboard.
3. Wrap the entire item in bubble wrapping after that, including wrapping the edges with tape. Make sure that you end up tapping the piece of art.
4. Then place the artwork inside the box after filling the bottom with donate so the item doesn’t move inside the box during your move. After making sure there are no gaps left inside the box, you can seal the box and label it as delicate. This way, you can place the box apart from the other items.
After using the right packing material, following these steps of packing the artwork, you should have no fear of getting the artwork damaged during the mood. When you have packed it carefully, labelled it, then it should be the movers’ job to transfer everything to the new location.
GET A FREE QUOTE