Getting International Moving Companies Quotes for Your Every Moving NeedMarch 18, 2020
Hassle-Free Moving SolutionsMarch 23, 2020
Moving is a challenging experience, even more so if you’re planning on an internal relocation. Whether it is your boss who has decided or it’s been a personal choice, packing and moving within your country or overseas is an unforgettable adventure. You learn and discover so much with exposure to a whole new world. But it can be quite overwhelming and tiring if you haven’t researched, asked and simplified the theoretical aspect of the complete course of action. Do not hesitate to ask all that is going on in your mind to have practical knowledge and complete satisfaction. The more you learn and get answers the better will be your removal experience. When you reach your final decision regarding a service provider, keep this article in front of you before making a call. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions that will prove to be beneficial in packing and moving:
1. Are you licensed or registered?
An insured and licensed moving company is the safest and most reliable option. Look on their website for licensing and membership details or simply ask them for accreditations. Your international mover must have one of the licenses:
1. FIDI FAIM- FIDI Accredited International Mover is the most trusted and reputed association for moving companies
2. FMC- Federal Maritime Commission
3. AMSA- American Moving and Storage Association
4. IAM- International Association of Movers
5. DOT- Department of Transportation
2. For how long have you been working and what experience do you possess as packers and movers?
It is always wise to conduct a background check of the company, consider it to be obligatory. Moving companies are to be trusted only if they have a vast experience in handling overseas removal. Read customer reviews and online material on blogs, forums and social media to gain confidence.
3. Inquire about company’s complete details.
After you’ve made sure that the business is licensed and experienced, ask for the name, address and telephone number. Also ask who will be your main point of contact throughout the process and whether they have an option to track your shipment online.
4. How is the final moving cost calculated?
Are there any additional charges? Every company has different rates for shipping that are based on the weight and volume of the goods. However, there are other factors to consider as well before calculating the final price, such as:
1. Actual distance from origin to final destination
2. Complexity of the job
3. Rules and regulations of the new country
4. Special demands and possible difficulties
5. What items are to be left out or are prohibited? The specific moving specialists you have chosen will provide you with a list of non-allowable items, if they don’t ask for it to avoid hassle. It also depends on the customs regulations of your landing country; either contact the embassy or your relocating expert to guide you.
There are many more questions that will keep bugging you, ask away to achieve peace of mind. GET A FREE QOUTE.